This volunteer organisation serving the local villages offers transportation and practical help:
- Hospital Appointments & Visiting
- Doctor, Clinic & Surgery Appointments
- Visits to the Chiropodist, Optician or Dentist
- Visits to the Vet
- Transport to the Hairdresser, Shops, etc.,
- Lifts to the Library
- Collecting prescriptions or pensions
- Shopping for the housebound
- Changing library books
- Occasional help with small jobs in the house or garden
Pewsey & District Link are happy to receive enquiries from people personally or through neighbours, doctors, social workers etc., provided that all requests for help are made via the Co-ordinator on the Pewsey Link Helpline 01672 564 930.
If the Co-ordinator is not available, you can leave a message (with your name and telephone number and details of your request) on the answer phone. Please give a minimum of 48 hours notice whenever possible of hospital and other appointments. Although there are no set charges, clients are asked to make a donation, if they can, to help defray the costs of fuel, phone, postage etc. the suggested rate is 45p a mile.