New checks at Household Recycling Centers

From 9 April 2018, residents visiting the sites may be asked to provide a proof of address in order to use the household recycling centre. This must show that the visitor lives in Wiltshire (excluding the Swindon Borough Council area) as these sites are funded by Wiltshire Council for residents to deposit their household waste.

What will prove that I live in Wiltshire?

A form of ID which shows your name and full address will be required. Acceptable examples include:

  • Driving licence
  • Council tax bill
  • Utility bill (either a printed or an electronic version is acceptable)
  • Your van and large trailer permit, if you are visiting the site in this type of vehicle.

Digital versions (e.g. an electronic copy of a utility bill which displays your address on a phone or tablet) are acceptable.

Read more info in this briefing note