HILCOTT VILLAGE HALL
Registered Charity Number: 285257
Trustees: Malcolm Baker Carolyn Whistler Madeline Wilks
Update as at 1 September 2019
1. Trust Deeds –Our Solicitors Wansbroughs drew up a Deed of Appointment and Retirement of Trustees. This was ratified on 30 August 2019. The three trustees named above are now appointed and the Deed stipulates that there should be at least seven management committee members of whom three can be the said Trustees. Co –option of three community group representatives can be effected, eg a member of the PC, a member of the PCC and one other, and hopefully two or three other members of the community who have an interest in the hall and its future
2. We need to hold an AGM once a year for the community and then two meetings a year, more if called by the Chair.
3. A Chairman, Secretary and Treasurer to be appointed at the AGM, and confirmation of other members. There will be a Code of Conduct and Rules for the Trust.
4. The land on which the Village Hall stands is now vested in an order with the Official Custodian
5. Floor Repair Fund – since late July the fund has increased substantially from £8800 (the letter to parishioners refers) and with donations, gift aid and proceeds from the community BBQ is now in the order of £10500 as of 31 August. We have applied to Community First/Hills Landfill Solutions for a grant of £2500, and hope to hear by 21 September if our bid is successful. Donations are still coming in and are needed to cover contingencies, and remedial work once the floor repair is done.
6. All being well, the contractor should be able to start work in mid to late October.
7. Plans are for a celebration party once the floor is repaired!
8. Thanks to all for your support so far.